Through the frustrations and loss of this year, God has sustained us, guided us, and guarded us. My mom has had some health scares that started a few months back. Just 2-3 weeks ago, she was given a clean bill of health! It was a step in restoring my faith that God does hear our prayers. My brother and I were very nervous and I think I can speak for both of us when I say that we prayed hard for her. He reminded me to continually thank God for her and her health and this I do. And I am so thankful that God has sustained us. I have to mention that again. And not just Eric and I because I know that the loss of Micah affected the rest of our family and our friends as well. I praise God that in my moments of greatest darkness, there is this sense of Hope. It has kept me going. I still don't like the reality of not getting to share our days with our son, but this is our reality. And in it, Eric and I thank God for daily provision and guidance to see us thru.
There are many things besides my awesome husband, loving family, and caring friends that I love and am thankful for...Rain~the smell, the sound, playing in puddles. The animals~Trax, Shasta, Jazz, and Lil B. My 2 summers on mackinac Island~ people, sights, sounds, experiences. Chocolate. Sweaters. Music of most kinds. Dancing silly when no one can see. the ability to create art in so many different ways. Hugs. Smiles. Laughing. SINGING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS. detangler shampoo... such a great invention, people. my car. my house. my Nintendo DS. Games to play. apple cider mills. Playing in the snow. Playing in the leaves. swimming. talking to my friends. Making someone else laugh. Pizza. cool kick butt boots~ something every girl needs. my Anne of Green Gables books. the love the Lord is growing in my heart for orphans. listening to the music my husband creates on the many instruments he has. coffee. coffee shops. iced lemon pound cake from Starbucks. Ice cream with a bunch of stuff in it. waffle cones. Breakfast at any time of the day. pictures of good times. Silly memories.
And all of you... I am thankful for you.
Love, Karin
No comments:
Post a Comment