Monday, December 31, 2007

8 miles around the island

When I lived on Mackinac Island, we would always see couples renting the "bicycle made for two". It was funny to watch them try to balance and then attempt to ride while fighting the whole way! good times... any ways, I used to say that if couples could make it the 8 miles around the island and still want to talk to eachother, than they could make it through anything.
Well, Eric and I have never rode a bicycle made for two together, but I think this year can count for our 8 miles around the island! Obviously, we saw something in eachother that we liked enough to marry eachother 5 years ago, but I have seen a different side of Eric during this last year. He has become my absolute best friend. He has been the one who understands my faces, my silences, my talking.... he gets me. And he's been the one to crack me up... we've spent many hours laughing at pure sillyness usually caused by Eric! I have even gone to him and stated that "I am on the brink of tears, tell a funny." and he did!
Since he works at home, Most nights I have come home after work or the gym to find dinner waiting for me. He says he's gotten really good at heating up frozen food, but he always adds a touch a la Eric to every meal! ... and I am so spoiled, that when I do cook, It's not good at all~ we both try to keep me out of the kitchen! So, as 2007 comes to a close, I am thankful that I've gotten to know Eric better this year and to have him by my side! You rock Eric!!!
and if you wonder what this mackinac island is, here's their website: http://www.mackinacisland.org/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you beloved friends were most deserving!!!! I miss you so much, words cannot express. God IS good and I am so glad you have Eric sweet sister!