Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Another healthy, helpful blog entry

I have to admit it; Daylights savings time and I did okay this year. We really did. 2 years ago, I was doing this great thing of waking up early to give myself time to read and journal 3 pages. I was working thru this great book, THE ARTISTS WAY, which is amazing. It's all about breaking free to be the "creative" you were meant to be. I was doing so well, when along came DST, and he screwed it all up. I slept in every morning and I still haven't finished that book! I can't remember the trauma from last year but I'm sure I was ticked off at him then too. But I haven't been fazed by it this year.
So, since I have no complains about DST, I thought I'd make a list of random complaints. Because I think that's healthy.
*there's no helmet law for motorcycle drivers here. It drives me CRAZY to see a person on a bike going fast, zipping thru traffic with no helmet.
*It's also legal to sit in the back of open pick ups. I find it extremely uncomfortable driving with people sitting in the back of the pick up staring directly at me. Do I make eye contact? do I smile? I find I can only look away for a certain amount of time since I have to, you know, pay attention to driving!
*baby/kid things. This is tricky because I love looking at baby and kid things (I found this great outdoor play pirateship for $43,000.00 if anyone's interested! ) It just ticks me off that I can't buy anything yet.
*the wait for our adoption~ just know when I say 2 years, it's because I'm trying to make that reality! The real reality won't make it on my blog anytime soon because I find it better to pretend than to face reality of the long wait.
*Trax. I love this dog but he is quirky. Before we put his leash on him or before I give him his daily pill (for hyper activity) he has to run around the dining room table 1 or 2 times. We don't chases him. This is his own OCD issue.

I have to get ready for work now so the list must end. So, has anything go on your nerves this week? SHARE! I want to know what's going on in the lives of my 2 friends who actually take time out of their lives to read this! :)

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Today, with all 3 missing their nap's kids in the doctor's office it was: a bright red, biotoxin trash can as the only interesting thing in a tiny little room! aaagh, how many times can I tell my kids not to play on or touch that! Why do they have to put it IN the room (not in a cabinet) AND make it bright red??? aagh! This is a children's hospital for peet's sake!

ok, that did feel better. .thanks! ha ha

Brandi

Unknown said...

Pet peeves that are always around:

overflowing trash!-- I don't get it-it's not like you didn't notice it was full!

Kids who talk back--enough said

Computer clocks that are always off!--very frustrating to not really know when an email was sent!!!

dirty clothes NEXT to the hamper!

Dirty bathrooms--private or public-it's just gross :P

When your shoes make your feet stink!

There! I feel better.