My Bible automatically turns to the book of Job. Those are the most wrinkly pages in it and I'm suspecting that may be caused by tears from this past year. This is such a tough book to read, as I've written before. Tough in the sense of figuring out what Gods all about. Here's a guy who Loves God. And thru the testing and trials of his faith, He did not curse God. The guy was confused though. He believed 100% that God was all powerful. I don't believe he doubted that God could do all things, I think he was just confused as to why these things, the things thought to only happen to bad people or people in sin were happening to him.
The best answer I think is Isaiah 55:8:
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. "
Amen. And that's that. His thoughts are not my thoughts. His ways are not my ways. We have been struggling so much with disappointment with the Lord. For so many things and on so many levels. But this verse shows me that I'm not seeing things as they truly are... that I'm not thinking with the whole picture in mind. I think we all struggle with this. We struggle to understand things. And as I sat down to type this out because I couldn't figure it out in my head, I realized that I need to ask the Lord to forgive me for Judging Him. And to ask Him to give me the big picture. To help me understand what's going on. Instead of crying, Lord "WHYYY???!?!?!?" asking, "Lord, why?"
I'm going to go do that now. You have a great night. And I pray that the Lord will give you answers to your questions too.
No comments:
Post a Comment