Saturday, October 18, 2008

Six Years today!

Eric and I met at church on December 30, 2001. That night, we just happened to be invited to the same get together and were left alone (I was told later it was planned!) to talk and get to know eachother. We started hanging out almost daily after that. I had dated a lot of creeps early on so I had asked the Lord to guard my heart and make it very clear who was my soulmate. And He did. It wasn't just that new relationship feeling, I knew Eric was my prince. Two weeks after meeting, we started ring shopping. I have never regretted getting married jut 9 months after meeting. Since that time Eric has become my best friend, my listening ear, the one who I love to joke with, hang out with and talk to. I have told many people that you don't know how strong your relationship is until tragedy strikes. Not that I think everyone should experience tragedy, but unfortunately, it comes and you need someone who will stand by you during that. I am so thankful for meeting Eric. I am so thankful he asked me to marry him. I am so thankful I said yes. And I am most thankful, that thru the rough and easy times, we have stuck by each other and continue to love and support each other. I love ya, babe!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Awwwwww...this was so sweet. I'm so glad you and Eric have such a wonderful relationship. Six years is huge in this day and age! Congratulations!! I hope you guys did something special last night. Let us know. Of course, just being together is special...isn't it?!

Madison Adoption Associates said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Prince Eric!