Sunday, October 26, 2008

to never forget

I haven't posted because I haven't known what to say. I am at a loss for words right now, as we once again approach the days that changed our lives, my heart is heavier than usual. Eric and I were talking tonight. I've had many people talk about me writing a book... even before we lost Micah, I believe. It was brought up by a friend again today and Eric asked what I would write about and I said that I don't know. I said I didn't know if I would write about Micah. I don't share details, the real details, the real raw emotions because, quite honestly, it sucks to re-live it. There are so many moments, thoughts that we keep to ourselves. The one thing I will share is that I remember the details of Micah. Of his face, his hands, his feet. How he felt in my arms and how it was to kiss his face. I have asked the Lord to help me to remember always. Every now and then, I go back to that place and let myself remember. to never forget.

7 comments:

Jackie Sue said...

Made me cry this morning...hard stuff...

JSC said...

I have never experience anything close to this kind of pain, but what I do know that God gives us those memories, lest we forget.
I am praying for you and your husband.

Alicia said...

Thinking of you Karin. Reading this was quite difficult and I simply can't fathom your pain. I pray for you often. Hugs!

Madison Adoption Associates said...

My heart goes out to you. May God hold you tight.

Anonymous said...

I knew the date was approaching as well and Micah has been on my mind too, Karin. Lots of prayers coming your way.

Kristin

FinsUp said...

I don't pretend to understand the unfairness of life. You obviously have great strength to handle such great sorrow. I hope you are rewarded with many joys.

Julie Weber said...

Karin-thanks for sharing what you do. much love to you and may those memories you have bring you comfort.
julie