Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

This has been such a hard year for so many. With everything kind of spiraling out of control, I have heard so many people just hoping and praying that 2009 will be better.
The biggest thing I learned this year, and continue to learn, is to trust God again. Yes, I said again. After Micah died, I lost all trust in God. I believed that God was God but I did not believe that He had my best interests in mind. I did not believe He cared. Time after Time this year, God provided. We had weird things happen like having to replace 3 tires and a battery in just 2 or 3 months and other things that cost money that we just didn't have. But, we never went without. And He would always provide exactly what we needed when we needed it. In that, I have been learning that God can be trusted and that he does care. This is a good lesson as we step out in faith in a big way in 2009... more to come on that much later!
I pray and hope that 2009 is a great year for you!

5 comments:

Jackie Sue said...

Happy New Year Karin! I hope wonderful things are in store for you all!

Alicia said...

Happy New Year to you too Karin! Keep me posted!

China Dreams said...

Karin,

I am so glad that you kept your faith. Have you ever noticed that every (and I mean EVERY) major character in the Bible has been angry with God and questioned His wisdom? But they never stopped having a conversation with Him because even when they felt forsaken, they didn't doubt his existence.

Now, the reason I logged into your blog tonight was to say that I hope the year 2009 brings good news, good health, and good times to you and your husband. Happy New Year.

Ruby

Stacey said...

Happy New Year to you too!!!

Unknown said...

May this year be full of all you hope for sweet beloved friend. Miss you tons, and love you more.

~Rhonda k.