Sunday, June 14, 2009

Monkey is 2 weeks and 3 days old today! Honestly, I can't remember life without her. I know this is said all the time but I really mean it! I don't remember what it was like to sleep thru the night, to not have her to hold and kiss, to not here her high diva squel when I take too long to feed her. I thought that I would have a harder time emotionally with the fact that all these things that I get to experience with Monkey I never did or will with Micah. And although I've had these moments, I am at peace. I am not okay with never holding my son again or the fact that Monkey won't get to grow up with her brother but I am finally coming to terms in a way I never did before. I am not sure I can explain it any better than that.
Here are some pictures of Monkey!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! She is so sweet!!!! I love those little lying on the side sleeping ones. It's so hard to resist scooping them up and snuggling them when they're like that. My favorite. Well, I'm sure you are having a wonderful time with your little peanut and I know everyone says to remember it because it goes by fast.....it does. But as great as it is right now....it just gets better. She will be so full of wonder and will just captivate you....I am SO happy for you both. I miss you! Sarah

Stacey said...

Karin,

She is sooooo sweet and precious!!! What a blessing. I can't wait to see you and meet Piper in a few weeks.

Take Care
Stacey

Alicia said...

Oh, I love these pictures. Miss Piper is just perfect!! It won't be long and she will be smiling and laughing. It goes so fast. Enjoy every moment. BTW, how much did Piper weigh and how long was she? I never saw. Thanks! Have a great weekend!

steffany said...

I am rejoicing with you in all these experiences you are having with her.

She is beautiful.