Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Saturday morning share-fest.

I've read a lot of posts lately about remembering what God has done for us and about our attitudes and it has really got me thinking. When I was 19, after a scary night out with friends (don't worry dad, it was just a talk about death and eternity!) , my mom helped me pray and ask God to be my friend and help me. I had no idea what I was asking, but after that night and some of the other things I'd experienced earlier, I turned to God. I think alot of times people think that just because they make the decision to rely and trust in God that all will be perfect. I know I am guilty of this. But instead, I see God as my friend. I talk to him about what I'm thankful for and what I'm upset about. Sometimes he just listens, and sometimes I get a different perspective on my situation that I hadn't thought of before. I had some small miracles happen in my life that I will share just as a reminder for myself as well. When I was 21, I was visiting my dad and marion on the other side of town when it started to rain. I remembered that I'd left the windows in the back of the house open (my room and the dining room) and it always rained in them. I made some silly plea to God to not let it rain in my window because my blankets would get wet and I wouldn't like it. The first thing I noticed when I got home a few hours later was the pile of water on the windowsill in the dining room so I ran into my room and felt the blankets under my window. They were dry. The windowsill was dry. I looked at the window and rain drops only covered the part of the screen that was still hidden by the glass. My miracle. I made Sarah come over and see it and rushed my mom over as well so that my rain miracle could be documented.
When Micahs heart stopped in my womb, I really believed that God would bring him back to life. I really thought I'd go into labor and the doctor would be freaked out by my living, crying baby boy. But it didn't happen and my faith and trust were greatly shaken. It has been almost two years now, and God still carries us and cares for us. In many ways He is helping us to gain our trust in Him again. I hope that doesn't sound strange but He is. He provides for every bill~ expected and unexpected. We won a radio contest for a big chunk of money at the perfect time to have our paperwork go to China. This also showed me that we weren't crazy for pursuing adoption so soon after loosing Micah.
So, there ya have it. My Saturday morning share-fest.
I hope you have an amazing day.

Karin

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Thank you for sharing your heart! :o)

Alicia said...

Thanks for sharing Karin. Have a great weekend!

steffany said...

I love your honesty and openness. Thank you so much for sharing. I don't really have any others words.
You're incredible

Madison Adoption Associates said...

That was a wonderful post.

Jackie Sue said...

Seriously, thanks for sharing! You are SO not crazy for adopting from China :)