Eric was asked to step in for a drummer on Sunday at another Church in town. As Eric was practicing, a girl who looked my age approached me (we'd been introduced earlier) and said something about me being so young! To this I chuckled, and said I'll be 31 in April... and she gasped~ truly gasped! and stated "I totally thought you were 22 or 23!" * She is 25. I asked her. and then. AND THEN. She said "I hope I look as good as you when I'm old!"** Okay. Time is obviously not as good on my memory as this girl thinks it is on my face ! And now for the downside of looking young:
When I was 24 and working in a coffee shop, I had a 16 year old boy who would come in almost every day I was working and order water. I had to sit him down and share that I actually, truly was, a grown up! Needless to say, his visits came to an end!
*since a few days have passed, I may have added the "totally"
**since a few days have passed, she MAY have really said, "I hope I look as good when I'm your age."
On Saturday we went to our friends birthday party! I had tons of fun because I am a socialite who has been a self-made recluse this past year. Us girls talked and talked. We put our chairs in a circle and just laughed and talked. We also ate greek food. OPA! And we played Pictionary too. WORD TO THE WISE: stick to the words that come with the game and IF someone wants to make up some words to go with a theme of some sort, these should always be looked at by someone else before they make it into the draw-ers hand and then onto the board. It's best for all involved. I am just sayin'.
So that's that! Have a great day~
2 comments:
ok, so here's my, "You're old" story. The kids at my school are always asking me how old I am. I used to be brave and ask them how old they thought I was as sort of an experiment in the inner workings of the minds of teenagers. Well, I have learned my lesson. Last year about this time they asked and I said "how old do you think I am" and one of my basketball girls said, "39" Not "39..?" Like she was guessing, Flat out 39. I was appalled and said something along the lines of "What the crap! 39!!!!!!" Her response: "Well, you've got a kid" Yeah, I'm old. Does that qualify me for that 10 years younger show on TLC? I think mine beats yours Karin....SM
yeah, I think you're right... getting hit on by a kid is definately not as bad as that! Thanks for the perspective! :)
Post a Comment