When we started the paperwork for our adoption, we were told the wait was 16-18 months. Our paperwork was logged in on August 20, 2007(this is what we refer to as our LID-log in date) and since then, the wait gets longer and longer and a bit more discouraging. It is now official that people with the LID of January 5-9, 2006 have just gotten their referal -that's the picture and info. of the child that has been selected to be theirs. So, just think: Those people who have the LID of 1-9-06 have waited 27 months! TWENTY SEVEN MONTHS! agh. That is a really, really long time.
I love the idea of adopting. I never really thought about it until recently, but I was always drawn to the orphan stories- Annie, Anne of Green Gables, Oliver. But, to look at the numbers and see that in a months time, only 5 days of LIDs receive their Children and information is really sad to both me and Eric. I try to keep my mind occupied on other things, but this is such a dream of ours... and it's sad that it's so far away.
hm.
So, that's a lot of what's been in my head and on my heart lately. There's some other stuff, but that'll come later! A little at a time!
xoxo
1 comment:
Wow! That is a long time! We are adopting from Ukraine.
Post a Comment