Saturday, April 12, 2008

So hard to say goodbye.

I guess it was inevitable.
I am still unable to fit into some of my pre pregnancy clothes. "some" is an understatement, but lets leave it alone, okay?
I am proud to say that 2 pairs of pants made it back into rotation. I like to believe that it's because I'm working out and my thighs are now strong and muscle-y and will no longer fit into my pre-buff-hot chic pants.
Jump on into fantasy world. The waters warm and there are slushies for all.
I've had to say farewell to a few items.

I have had this skirt for about 11-12 years. I bought it on sale at the buckle for $12.00 and I thought it would be AWESOME to wear with these boots:

In the last 11-12 years, I have worn that skirt about 3-5 times-around the house.
I'm sure the goodwill shoppers will apreciate a nice pleather snakeskin skirt with slits up the sides.
This outfit that I created with the above pieces reminds me of a little number I created in spring of 95. It was my senior year and I was so carefree and lovin' life.

As you can see, the dress is about 2 sizes too big. But I really wanted those shoes and it was the only thing that I could find in hot pink. Here's a close up to see what I couldn't resist:


I did keep these pants.

I realize that they're ugly. But they're so cool at the same time. I still believe in them. I believe that they still have something to offer me that my jeans cannot.
And check this out!

I bought this shirt last weekend at Virgin Records in Downtown Disney. Air Guitar Champion, baby!

I hope you enjoyed the tour.

Karin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen you do air guitar, and it is quite a spectacle! Some mean licks.

junglemama said...

I think I had those same shoes growing up!

Madison Adoption Associates said...

Ok I would so keep that skirt but I would wear it around the house to clean in, of course. That Air Guitar shirt would have to go though! HAHA