My dad and step mom flew me out to one of their favorite cities~ New Orleans. They met me there from the North.
One thing that sticks out about the city that my dad pointed out is when the people in N.O. talk about things that have happened, they say it in terms of before or after Katrina. I get that. That's how I view our lives. Things happend before I was pregnant or after Micah was born. It's my landmark. It is the moment that changed who I was. It made me who I am.
And I think that's how it is with that city. Many people didn't come back but those that did have such a passion for their city. THEIR city.
I will write more about my adventures later but need to go to bed now.
I do have to say that I had the CRAPPIEST plane ride on the way home. Thank God is was a short trip. I am already praying that my 13-20 hour plane adventure to China in a few years doesn't suck and isn't so scary. At one point I was curled up in a ball in my seat to keep my stomache from dropping (that doesn't help, by the way). But I'm home and safe.
Night.
Karin
2 comments:
Karin,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I do check RQ and the news is quite depressing. I am telling myself to not even look for a while!
I'm glad my comment was just what you needed! Take care.
Alicia
You seriously, have NO clue how much I miss you. *did you get my b-day ecard?
Post a Comment