Today is my birthday.
Last year, my birthday was HORRIBLE. I was so very sad. I didn't really understand why until a few days later when I realized that by my 30th birthday my life was supposed to be different. Mainly, I had put it in my head that I would have atleast one child before I turned 30. So, turning 30 just 5 months and 1 day after Micah died STUNK. It stunk bad. and it hurt even more.
So, this year, I started talking about my birthday early~ where I was going to go for my birthday dinner, eating cake, etc. I didn't put any expectaions on turning 31~ I just did it. And I did it wearing the "birthday girl" ribbon Eric bought me all day long at work! My dad called me first thing this morning and wished me a happy day. I got his hallmark card and gift earlier this week. (I make a point that it was a hallmark because I LOVE hallmark cards. They are such good quality and high class, in my opinion. And the FRESH INK line... HOLY COW... so funny! I laugh till I cry!) My mom took Eric and I to the Greek restaurant in town which was really good. She also made me my bunny cake. I told her I was a grown up and grown ups don't need bunny cakes for their birthday. She didn't agree and will be making me a bunny cake until she's 90, she says. I will be 58. With a bunny cake. This is all because my birthday is sometimes on/near Easter... which is apperently the holiday of the bunny cake. Eric usually gets cake in shapes of some kind of musical instrument because he's a musician. Is this all making sense now? I just hope our kids have cool hobbies/skills or are born around a cool cake-worthy holiday.
Oh! and Eric did the dishes last night and vacuumed today~ happy birthday to me!
:)
1 comment:
i'm feeling really bad that i missed your birthday! i was all hyped up about having lasik that day and never looked at my calendar to see that it was your birthday. and i can't pick out a belated b-day card because my vision is still so bad. i've been stuck at home in the dark since wednesday... not a lot of fun! no driving, no sunlight, can barely see the tv or read my email. can't wait to be done with it! love ya
Post a Comment