Sunday, May 4, 2008

Kind of a part II and other adventures

I made a New Orleans Part I blog, thinking I had a bunch of pictures to post but I don't... so, um, yeah.
Anyways. When we were in New Orleans, we went to the preservation hall and heard the Jazz band. The thing that stuck out to me is the love these men have for their music, their instrument. They don't just play it. They have a gift and they use it to the fullest. It was so cool to watch their faces when they played and when their band partners played. It was like they were hearing it for the first time!
We went to the zoo too. It's a really nice zoo with great exhibits. I tried to add pictures but blogger's taking forever to upload them. Sorry to disappoint!
I also ate a fried pastry with powdered sugar on it. I know how to say it but not spell it, so it will remain nameless. I think fried things are great. I also love powdered sugar. I used to love licking the bowls after frosting sugar cookies with powdered sugar icing at Christmas. Oh my, I am starving now. starving.
I digress.

Today, Eric and I went to Lowes to buy dirt to fill in areas in our yard. As eric was loading it on the cart, an older man started talking to us. He then took me by the arm and took me to his cart to explain how to get a good bargain on miracle grow. He told us how to make our plants big and healthy. I didn't have the heart to tell him that we just wanted to cover up the pipe from our sprinklers where the dirt's been washed away! I think my shirt with flowers on it made him think I gardened. My dad is the gardener in the family. He even has a gazebo! and a fountain! I have only seen it in person twice so I don't have more things to list with exclaimations.
Other than that, we've just laid low all weekend. Have a great week.

No comments: