Saturday, May 31, 2008

Weddings


This is Eric and Me on our wedding day. This picture always makes me contemplate going short and blonde again.


We went to a beautiful wedding last weekend.
...It seems that we must've pushed the beautiful floral centerpiece too close to the candles because our table caught fire! We were able to put it out with no firemen and not causing a scene...
This made me start thinking of weddings and it made me curious as to what some of you have experienced. At our weddding, one of my bridesmaid dads convinced one of my other bridesmaids husbands that the party favor was lilac colored white chocolate. He soon found out it was soap~ and this happened before drinks were made available! Poor guy! The DJ had to keep announcing that it was soap and not candy! In my defense, I didn't put it in a candy box. It was a heart shape wrapped in saran wrap then in tule with a little note about sharing our day with us. When making the note, I decided writing "this is soap" would look uncool. So, my advise is to stick to candy in candy boxes or write soap if it's soap.
Anyone want to share? S.M., I think your wedding was perfect except for a kids fingerprint in the cake, right?!

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Hi Karin! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Isn't it neat how many people we will "know" when we finally go to China! Yes, the wait is terrible. I just can't believe how long it is. I only check RQ once a week b/c it is just too frustrating. It hurts my heart too much.
What a beautiful bride you were! It is nice to put a picture with your name/story. Your soap story made me lol this morning. I can't say I have a really good one. Guess my wedding was pretty boring! Oh yeah...I guess my brother had a bunch of cans saved up to tie to our car. Well he left them outside for the actual wedding. When he came back someone had stole them. Are you kidding me? I guess someone really needed them!
Have a great week. And good to you for walking on the treadmill. I think treadmill walking is super hard. I just get so bored. Have you ever tried Bikram Yoga? It is worth checking out. Ok...I am rambling. Take care and I'll check back soon!

Unknown said...

go short and blonde! Go short and blonde! Go short and blonde!

You know I love you no matter what--but how funky you were!!! I miss you sweet friend--Things have been nuts--but I will try and call you this evening. I miss you every single day--no exaggeration (ask Jason-I say it at least every other day).

~Rhonda

Anonymous said...

yeah, I had fingerprints in the cake....relatives drinking beer in the parking lot....finally getting over the constipation I had been suffering for the two days prior-in the middle of the reception while people were ringing those stupid bells! Yeah, it took awhile to find me because I was in the bathroom dropping the kids off at the pool....I'm sure there's more, but that's the best, I think:)

Karin said...

that's hilarious!
I KNOW I wasn't holding your dress up for THAT!
:)
Oh, the work of the M.O.H. is never done... I know you did some dress holding for me~ me and my stinkin' pea sized bladder!

Anonymous said...

you're right, your hair was very cute at your wedding:) but, maybe you should let it rest a while before you go ten shades lighter! crazy girl. i just colored mine and it's too blonde and i look like a floozey.
carrie k