Thursday, May 22, 2008

heartache

My heart has been pretty broken lately and I have been hesitant to write anything since this is the main way my dad, who's many states away, makes sure all is well with us and I know he gets nervous if I seem sad. But, I'm going to share now.
Since loosing Micah, my level of compassion and sorrow for others has increased. In the past few weeks, I have learned of two sweet friends both having miscarriages. One has been struggling with infertility for over a year and she was heartbroken, to say the least. Many in China lost their lives because of an earthquake. Parents are greiving the loss of their children and children are grieving the loss of their parents. When I see the news stories, I weep. I love these people. They are so beautiful to me and it hurts my heart to know the devestation and heart ache that these people are enduring. On a brighter note, there was a news report that Eric and I caught the end of last night. This organization in China is not only helping the victims of this tragedy, but bringing smiles to their faces by juggling and playing games. To see these people laughing hysterically as we saw the make-shift housing of tents in the background made my heart hurt and hopeful for them at the same time. Today Eric told me that Steven Curtis Chapman , a musician in the Christian community who has adopted 3 children from China and helped set up grants to help thousands of families adopt, lost his daughter who was hit by a car driven by a family member.
I share this because my heart is aching for these people. I have to remember that God didn't tell us that this world would be easy, just that he'd be with us. And as I cry and my heart aches, I pray that the Lord is with these people ~ that He holds them and comforts them in ways they've never experienced. That they will find hope in the midst of the darkness.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

The word compassion means, "to suffer with". Christ told us to have compassion for others, to suffer with them. As long as your hope remains in Him and you do not despair, your suffering with them and aching for them is completely in line with who He is. In fact, it is an evidence of Him. Keep allowing yourself to be there, and be thankful that God allows you to experience a piece of His heart for others. . .it is a wonderful thing.

Thanks for praying for those who ache tonight,
Brandi