Sunday, June 8, 2008

my hair is not short and blonde

I was suckered by an add that said that I could dye my hair in only 10 minutes and the !NEW! comb would make it easier.
I am mailing out my letter of complaint soon.
Anyways, it's black, fading to brown. It was a beautiful chocolate brown on the box. On the box. Eric says it looks good but we've been married long enough that he knows better than to say anything different. The real issue is not the color but the fact that I should not add more chemicals to my sad, struggling hair. The last time I got it trimmed a few months back, the lady said my hair was breaking in the middle~ almost like I kept it in ponytails all the time. She said the stress of life wreaks havoc on your hair and that I shouldn't color it. That was 2 colorings ago. oops. But those girls on the boxes make me want to be just like them!
Enough on that.


Those are the closet doors in the hallway. We had some "new" friends come over and they said "your house is really nice, but what's up with your 1/2 mirrored closet doors?" We told them that our realtor said the previous owner had a cuff fetish. um, okay. um. Can anybody else come up with a better reason? I left those mirrors on after my attempt to take the ones off in our room left me with glass punctures. We threw the ones from our room out and bought new one about 2 years later. Procrastination. It's a thing we do well in our house!
While you're looking at that picture, I just want to recommend buying solid doors instead of the slats. They may look nice, but unless you have a very thorough cleaning lady, I'd suggest something a little easier to maintain! Look, I just gave ADVISE!
wow, this blog may take a turn yet...
I'll try to see if I can come up with another bit of advise for you later this week... stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what the crap is a cuff fetish? Maybe they had an ugly closet fetish. Or maybe it wasn't even the previous owner's fault. Maybe it was the pre-previous owner with the crazy cuff fetish. We've had CRAZY storms here the past three days. I'll send you pictures of everything my tree has shed as a result. Sarah

Brandi said...

I definitely think the half mirror has got to be an obsession with "payless". . they really want to check out their shoes before they leave the house!

too funny!

Brandi