Sunday, July 27, 2008

Holding on to Hope

When I moved Eric down here before we got married, we brought our friend with us. That friend traveled in the car with me. He had had a hard life, suffered great hurts and great loss. He was so angry at God and questioned why he had to endure what he did. I really believe that the Lord helped me to share the love of God with him. I remember being so positive, so "my cup is 1/2 full!" in attitude. When I think about that now, I laugh. Those talks for two days were great and I believe I was able to help him see things in a different light but I laugh because I probably wouldn't go about it the same way. I would definitely share the thoughts I believe God gave me, but maybe tone down the chipper, positive attitude. I have learned what it means to grieve and to hurt and to continue to have hope thru it all. I think that's what I would share now.
I have had days where I physically didn't think I could go on. The emotional pain was so intense that I didn't know how I would go on. But I did and I do.
Because I have hope.
This hope is nothing that I can descrbe. It is inside of me telling me that I can't give up. Not on life. Not on God.

"Yet my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him" Psalms 62"5

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
They will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

Where ever you are, whatever you're going thru, continue to hold on to hope.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Karin,
My heart hurts for your loss. You are such a strong woman. I cannot imagine your pain. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers more than you will ever know. I do not know you but I do feel conected to you in a way that is hard to explain. I will be so happy for you when you go to China to bring home your baby.

Have you ever been to the blog "Bring the Rain"? http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/
I hope you can visit it sometime. The story of Audrey has brought me so much closer to the Lord. I think you may find comfort in Angie's words.

I am praying for you.

Alicia

Jackie Sue said...

That's the verse I hold to with raising my little girls. Thanks for sharing. you are so right...as we live through the hard things of life we share with others differently. That is how pain changes us. We become more compassionate, softer, humble...more Christlike. Ohhhhh, so that's the beauty from ashes scripture talks about :)

Stacey said...

Hope that comes from the Lord is an amazing thing. I too have had my days were it feels like that Hope is so far away, but the moment I can grasp it, it feels like things look brighter. I like what Jackie Sue said about tough time being what makes us more "compassionate, softer, humble...more Christlike." That is so true!!