Monday, July 21, 2008

Conquering fears & A trip down memory lane

I conquered a fear of mine this weekend. I scrapbooked.
This doesn't sound all that scary, but ever since Micah died, it has been. I knew that at some point I was going to have to put the last year and 1/2 on paper... I just was scared. I feel such relief. I was able to accomplish something that I have been fearing and putting off for so long. I want to make sure that any future family that picks up that scrapbook will know about our sweet Micah.
What pushed me to do it this weekend were these papers and rub-on decals:

I found them in this really cool shop the next town over and am in love with them! IN LOVE! They even have velvet decals that have a sticky back. I made this card with the orange velvet:


I had to go to my moms house to get my pictures and came home with these:


Eric had never even heard of EVEN ELEPHANTS FORGET! so I made him sit down and play right then!

That was my favorite game when I was a kid! When I saw it on the top shelf in her closet I squealed with glee. Seriously, I did. I went to take it down from the shelf and found myself exclaiming my love for the pink imprinty thingy. I proceeded to go thru each and every area/drawer/shelf/ container in the closet. I left all of my books and dolls there but claimed the unused strawberry shortcake activity book as my own. I love that my mom didn't throw my stuff away and that even though our kids will have new things, they can enjoy the stuff that their mom loved!

4 comments:

crispy said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog...I left one for you in the random post below.

Stacey said...

I have to admit, I have never heard of that game either!!!

I bet your scrapbooking you did get done is filled with such love and that you can see it in the pages. I love to scrapbook, but haven't really had a reason to, since I don't usually print up many pictures anymore, they all just sit in cyberspace or on DVD. I always mean to print off a few, so that I can scrapbook them and then time gets away from me and I never do it! Congratulations on conquering your fears!!!

Alicia said...

I have never heard of this game either. It sounds like we are seriously missing out!

I love to scrapbook! Great for you for conquering your fears and taking up scrapbooking!

Take care!

Unknown said...

Ahhh, beloved friend these little bits of you are the very things i miss :( your creativity, your wit and your honesty.