Sunday, January 6, 2008

little known facts about me

I obviously have too much time on my hands to write this. Here it goes:

*I didn't play with dolls until I was 4. From the time I was about 2 until 4, I payed with:


My mom says I would put a dress on him, take him by the hand and wheel him around the house!


*I walked down the isle to a piano version of Princes "most beautiful girl in the world".
I kept telling my friends when I was single that I would do that when I got married, so I kept my word!


*I hate to touch tin foil.
I have gotten better, and I'm not like one of those people I've seen on the talk show that starts screaming and running in circles if she sees it... I just hate the sound of it rubbing together. Don't even get me started on when it accidentally rubs against my fingernails... aaaggghh...


*I have a gold tooth.
No one can see it since it's in the very back of my mouth, but it's still funny!


*My first car was a plymoth duster '86.
This was the coolest car for me! Yeah, okay, so 1/2 the time I had to climb thru the hatch back because the doors wouldn't open from the outside, but I didn't have to worry about it getting dented or scratched!

*I love to play in Michigan rain.
It rains so hard in Florida that they have flash flood warnings within minutes of the rain starting! In Michigan, it's just enough to splash and jump in! This is my friend Charity and I playing outside the coffee shop we worked in on Mackinac Island during the Summer of 2000.


*My dog is on medication for his hyper activity.
YUP. My dog is Hyperactive. Today, we came home from church to Trax jumping off the walls. I just had to look at his "wild eyes" to see that I fogot to medicate him!

*I play a Nintendo DS game before bed every night.
It's one of those multi-puzzle types, so I limit myself to 5 games on weekdays. I'm all about discipline.

*I walk like a duck.
When I started walking, the doctors said I needed braces. We moved shortly afterward and the doctors in the new state said I would grow out of it. I didn't. When I put my feet straight, my knees turn in to eachother. it's weird.

*I took dance classes for 6 years.
I am not that graceful.

* I took private flute lessons for 5 years.
I gave it up after hearing my "play by ear" husband and his sweet melodies!

I'm sure you guys could add a few quirky things on this list, right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karin has the COOLEST laugh. Ever.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and one time she dressed all of her plants up in pillow cases...

Anonymous said...

She only sings in the car if she has a microphone....or a rubber chicken sucker holder...thing

Karin said...

Vicki~ I asked Eric but he didn't think my snort was blog-worthy... maybe because one of our friends laughs the same way and more often too!

Sarah~I realized that singing into anything when you're in the car by yourself... well, it's disturbing to the other drivers! :) Someday when I visit MI, we'll have to cruise, blast Aorosmith an scream at the top of our lungs! We'll have to find the right microphone for the ocassion, though :)

Unknown said...

These things, sweet (and sorely missed) friend are the very traits that we love about you--your ability to be a child in a grown-up body and yet you are so intentional with your acts of goodness and kind workds!! I miss you so so very much!!