Saturday, January 26, 2008

doggone

I am up before noon on a Saturday. I've drunk 1/2 my coffee and finished my english muffin already too! Speaking of english muffins~ we always had BAYS english muffins in the house when I was little. I think my dad received them somehow thru his job... but I don't remember opening the fridge without seeing that red label. Just thought I'd share!
Eric called me at work yesterday (oh... remind me to tell you about work!) because this adorable little dog had escaped from somewhere and found our house! Now, this isn't the first time this has happened. We had one dog that found our house after walking a good 1/4 mile from it's home~ and it had little legs, so that makes the distance that much further! He had tags so we called his owner who came and got him. A week later, the dog came for a visit again! It came directly to our house~ and we called the guy and we all got a kick out of the fact he came back. The owner must've fixed the gate like he said he had to because we haven't seen it since. But the dog yesterday didn't have tags so we took pics and taped a "dog found" poster at the beginning of the neighborhood and a few other places. We left the dog in moms garage and went to dinner. We got a call a few hours after putting up the signs from the owner and he and his kids went to pick the dog up at moms house. Moms dog, Charlie, was so sad! He finds very few dogs that he enjoys but he loved this dog... he played with it and everything!
Okay, so my job. Thanks for the prayers. They had to let someone go about a week or so ago because she was not doing as she was asked and having way too many "unexcused" absences. So, we were down to 3. A few days ago, I was informed that one of the other girls received a job offer she cannot refuse and will be leaving soon... and now there are 2! But, whatever! The atmosphere really changed after that girl was let go and I definately have gained more respect for the people there. I have to remind myself that work's just that... not my life, but it's hard to not let it affect you when you spend most of your days there.
On the home front, Eric's gone techno-funk with his music this week, trax is now getting his teeth brushed on a semi-regular basis with poultry flavored toothpaste and Shasta greets me every morning standing in front of the catnip cupboard with THE MOST ANNOYING MEOW ever. As for me, I am trying to be creative. it's just not working for me and that's frustrating. I was painting for the last year, but want to go back to cards. I have started re-doing my scrapbooks from when I was a kid because the pics were falling out...man, that's a lot more work than I anticipated! and because I'm such a perfectionist, I want everything to be perfect... and hello. I am using girlie colors for my background choices and I was dressed in red. often. I'm pretty sure I have a red outfit on in almost every set of pictures. Not that I have a problem with red. I'm just saying.
Karin

No comments: