to explain the pain and agony that Eric and I have endured this past week! Eric started coughing Sunday, had a temp. by Sunday afternoon. I started coughing at work on Monday afternoon and woke at 1:30 am in agony. This flu thing is ROTTEN! We have been coughing, blowing our noses. And the body aches. oh. the body aches. I have experienced serious body/muscle sorness such as after flipping my car in May of my Senior year in High School. That was my '86 plymoth duster. The one my mom bought for a few hundred bucks up north in Michigan after some lady T-boned her and left her stranded 2 hours from Home. This is also the car that we thought was grey until we washed it (about a month after buying it) and realized it was a nice light BLUE. I hit a pothole in the road, over corrected, and landed at a 95 degree angle in the ditch. The funny thing? The girl in the backseat who I didn't know and was along for the ride, said "don't worry. This happened to me before. Roll down your window, undo your seatbelt and we'll push you out." So, I unlatched my seatbelt, fell on the girl in the passenger seat, they pushed me out my window, I rolled down the hill like Jack and Jill, and the girls came tumbling after. Wow. Lots of information to tell you that my muscles ached after that one. But this was so much worse. Even combing my hair hurt! And Erics cough... oh. it's so horrible. I had to stop saying, " oh, babe. you sound horrible!" after the look that said, SAY THAT ONE MORE TIME, I DARE YA... so, I let him cough. And just pray that the Lord will lift this sickness from us.
That's been my life this last week. Tomorrow, I'm heading to the doctors just to make sure this really is just the flu.. and to get a doctors note :) This will score points with the boss, I'm sure!
Well, I'm off to go lay on the couch and drink orange juice and crstal light flavored water and watch a movie! Hopefully, I will have something witty or thought provoking... or maybe both!... next time!
Karin
2 comments:
You poor thing! Enjoy a good movie and make sure to take the day off tomorrow. When you do, ENJOY your rest. Once you have your little one home, there are no sick days!
Love,
Brandi
Ohhh! Get better! I had it (without the cough, thankfully) 2 weeks ago. I woke up one morning positive a semi truck had run me over in my sleep... Hope you're both better soon!
Post a Comment