Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Bible time with Karin

Last week, one of the titles for my daily reading was: FRETTING IS FUTILE
This just cracks me up~ and so true! It then went on to state that we can't live fully in today if we're thinking about tomorrows problems... hmm.
I have gotten discouraged because it has felt like everything is at a standstill and it's , well, it's annoying. Yesterday I read Luke 18. This is about a widow who wants justice against her adversaries and finally, because she bugs him so much about it, the judge grants her justice. Verse 7 & 8 say, " And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice and quickly." In verse 1, it states that the reason that Jesus told this parable about the widow is "to show them that they should always pray and not give up."
ALWAYS PRAY AND DON'T GIVE UP. Words to live by.
Tonight, as someone read Isaiah 54, verse 7 stuck out to me. God says, "with deep compassion I will bring you back."
He has GREAT COMPASSION for us... I can't wrap myself around it fully, but that makes me warm and fuzzy, to tell you the truth!

Sometimes I need to be reminded that there's more to life than this. More than my daily issues. And how can I face each day without a hope? without the love of my God? I can't...

I hope this encourages you~ wherever you're at.

1 comment:

Jackie Sue said...

Karin, Always good to read your posts and get caught up. thanks for the sweet comments and for your encouraging attitude. the catnip post was funny...my cats never cared for the stuff. i will read again soon :) Blessings!